You can't meet your husband in a bar!

I figured I would start this blog off with stories of "us". A lot of people ask how we met/how we got engaged. Well lucky for you folks, i'm going to tell you! 

My mom always told me "you can't find your future husband in a bar!"
So from the time I met M, I told people "we met at an Uncle Kracker concert!" In theory, this is true. The catch? The concert was at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill. I still laugh when I think about my mom saying I wouldn't find him in a bar. 

Rewind a few months back to February 2013. My daughter was spending a weekend with her dad and I knew I wanted to have a fun weekend. I texted my friend Erica to see if she was free because I hadn't seen her in awhile and we ALWAYS have fun together. Needless to say, I ended up driving down to the valley to see her. Erica and I knew we wanted to go to the country bar (Toby Keith's) just to go dancing, we had no clue there was even a concert going on until the night before. Friday night we had gone out and met someone who was going to be at Toby's (for the concert) and said we should all meet up and say hi once we got there. Saturday night rolls around and Erica and I head to the concert. Our friend we had met the night before was friends with M and shortly introduced us to each other. I found it odd that this boy (M) was actually having intellectual conversations with me. Fast forward to the end of the night when he is signing for his credit card. Fun fact for you? I'm left handed. When M signed his receipt, he also was left handed! I rarely meet left handed people and I told him "you're left handed?! we should be best friends!!!" 


(The first night we met)


He had taken my number that night and I knew I would never be hearing from him again. That's just how it works, isn't it? I mean come on, you can't meet decent guys at the bar, RIGHT MOM?! ;)
A few days later, he ended up texting me! I'm 97.6% positive the first text had something to do with a sandwich. MUCH to my shock, M had asked if he could take me out to dinner one night. Seeing as we lived almost 3 hours away from each other, I did not think it would happen. Why would he put the effort in to a girl he met once? Nonetheless, he drove up the next weekend and took me out to dinner. I will never forget how nervous I was for that date. We ended up having a really amazing dinner and then drove out to a local lake nearby. This night was one for the books. That night, we saw the biggest, most amazing meteor blasting through the atmosphere. Honestly I will never see anything as amazing as that in my entire life. We always joked that it must be a good sign to have seen that on our first date. 

The next monday (or tuesday) at work I had gotten the most amazingly beautiful flowers I have ever seen. A dozen and a half white, pink tipped roses and tiger lilies. The card read "for my new best friend." I know what you're thinking, adorable! It is rather adorable, huh?! I guess we can say at this point the first date went well. ;)

M and I dated for about a month before we were FBO. (Facebook Official for those of you who don't know.) Side note: I just really like saying 'FBO' because I had NO CLUE what it meant until my friend Shelby had to explain it to me. *Dork alert* We dated long distance for roughly 3 months or so before we both knew the best decision for us was for me to move to the valley. 

And this is where our story truly starts! But that's all for another blog post. ;)


I hope you all stay tuned to hear about our crazy and exciting life together! Please feel free to leave comments or email me at any point!
Have a great day!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,