Goals. Everyone has them. Quite frankly, mine probably aren't much different from anyone else's I know. However, they're the goals I am trying to achieve right now. I think having goals are important because it keeps you striving for something to better yourself or others. Without further ado, my current goals.
1. Exercise more. Or at all. I ran today for the first time in just about forever. I know you are all expecting me to say "IT FELT AWESOME!" or "It was totally worth it!" But you know what? It kind of sucked. A lot. It took everything in me to reach my goal of running/walking one mile. But I did it. And like M told me, "It will just be that much easier tomorrow". He's right. Tomorrow will be a better day at the run and each day is a new day for new running/exercising goals. I'm not concerned with losing weight exactly, although that would be awesome, I just wanted to be healthier and more in shape!
2. Eat better. Who doesn't want this in their life? There's always room for improvement. In my case? A lot of improvement. I love ice cream, popcorn, snacking on candy, and eating really bad for me foods. The next few weeks I am going to try really watching what i'm eating and also what i'm cooking for my family.
3. Try to cut dairy out. A few years ago I became allergic to dairy. Don't tell me "wow that sucks",I KNOW IT DOES!!! I don't think i'll ever be able to fully cut dairy out, but I am taking baby steps to do what I can do quit eating it in every single thing I eat. Because lets be honest, being sick every day is becoming really, REALLY old.
4. Not stress about the wedding. Dream big, right? Just kidding. I just don't want to become bridezilla in the next two months and be the girl everyone hates. I'm trying to stay calm while still getting things done. It's possible, right?
5. Swoon my handsome. With the wedding coming so soon and a million other things taking place right now, I want to make a serious effort to keep things exciting with M and I. Seems silly, but hey, it is a goal. (PS, I LOVE YOU BABE!)
I feel like writing down goals helps you stay accountable a little easier. Also, posting it on the internet gives you crazy people who read my blog permission to kick my butt about any of the above listed goals. ;)
Do you have current goals?
How do you stay on track?
Labels: clean eating, diet, exercise, fitness, fitspo, goals, wedding planning, wife life