The Moment I Realized I'm A Complete Psycho

Let's start off this post with a little story. Let's take it back to 1995. 
We had just moved to this precious state, my life was full and wonderful as any five year old lives their life, and I was soon to be traumatized by my terrible older sister. 
We had a staircase in our garage that I, for some reason, was terrified of. One day, my lovely sister took it upon herself to take me down there and tell me the boogy man lived down there. I know, I know, the boogy man isn't real. But try telling that to a five year old!
Nonetheless, say hello to the start of my irrational fears. 

If you know me, I am a worrier. I would say "and I have no idea why I worry", but I know why. 
MY SISTER TRAUMATIZED ME! 
Okay, I don't really know it's from that, but I like to think it is. 
I have the most irrational fears out of everyone I know. I try not to but it's seriously something I can't help. (Yes, you can add that to the list of reasons to judge me.)

Back to the premise of this post!
Last week we were down in Phoenix for my brother in-laws college graduation. 
(CONGRATS AGAIN, STEVEN!) 
Wednesday night after the ceremonies, we decided to head down to Mill Ave. If you aren't from Arizona, Mill Ave. is the "place to be" in Tempe for college kids. This particular night I decided to be designated driver. 
Yay for being responsible! 
The night ended, we got pizza, and we walked to the car. As we were walking a bum asked "do you have any spare change?" We didn't, so we said no. However, we had a box full of pizza and he asked for that. As bad as I felt, a group of drunk people weren't about to give up their pizza. Priorities people, priorities. 
As we were walking away from him I turned to M and I said "do you ever wonder if someone like that is going to pull out a gun and shoot you when you're walking away?" 
M looked at me with such a blank stare and just said "no, actually that thought NEVER crossed my mind you weirdo." And with that being said, I realized that i'm a complete psycho and I truly have the most irrational fears known to man. 

Does anyone else think about crazy things like this?! 
What is your biggest fear in life? 




Labels: , , , ,