Little Ways I Know He Loves Me...

Have you ever researched your love language? Seriously, have you?!
If you haven't, you really should. There are five love languages (gifts, quality time, words of affirmation, acts of service, and physical touch) and essentially it is how you express and receive LOVE.
If you've truly never looked into it, read the book and/or take the love language test. It has been revolutionary for me.

My love language? Gifts.
My husbands love language? Physical touch.
The language on the bottom of my list? Physical touch.
The langage on the bottom of my husbands list? Gifts.

I've realized my husband doesn't like surprises or gifts the same way I don't love to be smothered all day every day with hugs and kisses. But the greatest thing about marriage? We compromise for each other.
Some days I think to myself "why can't he just surprise me or get me cute gifts?!" Well…it's because he doesn't feel emotion the same way I do when it comes to those things. AND. THAT'S. OKAY.

Each day I love thinking about the ways my husband DOES in fact show me that he loves me, 
even if he's pissing me the heck off.
I think that's so important in marriage. Finding and realizing ways you still do love each other and go out of your way for each other. Like last night at 10 pm when I realized I left my charger in the car and without even asking M was first to jump up and say "I'll go get it!"

Or tonight when he told me to go to the gym right after work even though I hadn't made dinner yet. 
He just wanted me to get that workout in.

Or the times he drops my car off at my work and walks home because he doesn't want me to walk home in the cold, even if it is across the street.

Or the fact that he is a handy man and fixed our hot water heater this morning when I had no hot water for a shower.

Or when I lock my keys in my car 3,392 times and he never ONCE complains about it, 
he figures out a way to get them out.

I love the saying "never stop dating your spouse", but even bigger than that for me is don't stop remembering the small things they do for you and don't stop showing love to each other every single day. 

I love our life so so much and I love my husband so so much. I know I am a handful. I know I am emotional, and dramatic, and sometimes a flat out brat. But I love love LOVE that M handles that. He loves me in ways I need it, he shows me compassion EVERY SINGLE DAY, he CONSTANTLY is showing me his love and I am so beyond grateful so him. Marriage is a great thing, isn't it?!


Labels: , , , , , , ,