A MUST STOP Place On Your Way To The Grand Canyon

We've all been to a winery. We've all been to a brewery. But who has been to a MEADERY before?! I know what you're thinkingā€¦."A WHAT?!" Peopleā€¦.a MEADERY! Mead is the fermentation of honey and water and it makes a glorious and delicious beverage. Do I have you hooked yet?!

M and I went down to Prescott a few weeks ago for a little "staycation" here in the great state of Arizona. I remember when we first started dating he was talking about Mead and how he had only had it once. I don't know how, but somehow I stumbled upon the Superstition Meadery website (probably looking for places to eat) and I was sold. I knew we had to go there. We went to a cute local place for breakfast and talked over our game place. I had to google how far the meadery was because we were walking, and I was quickly embarrassed when I googled the same damn building we were in. It was in the suite next door. Round of applause for Kaylin? Thank you, thank you very much! *takes a bow*

We walked in and I was instantly in love. The vibe, the decor, the fact that I was going to be trying mead for the first time, all of it was so exciting. Guys, this is a must stop place.

Most people driving to the Grand Canyon come up from Phoenix and take it from me, you will want to detour over to Prescott! Not just for the Meadery, but the whole town is pretty damn adorable. You'll thank me later. (I accept thanks in the form of craft beer or a trip to hawaii.) But head to this place and have a unique experience!

My favorite thing on the menu was, by far, the Blueberry Spaceship Cider. OH. MAAAHHHH. GOODNESS. Y'ALL. I could have sat there all day drinking that. But I didn't. Because I'm a contributing member to society. And I had a hotel room waiting for me that I needed to check into. And we had a dinner date at 4. BUT OTHER THAN THAT I WOULD HAVE STAYED ALL DAY TO DRINK THAT!

I liked that they offered "flights" of the mead. If you've been to any type of place where they serve alcohol, you know what I'm talking about. If you're the other 50% of my readers who don't drink, I will post pictures below. (Even though i'm sure you haven't read this far.) Okay, I digress. Like I said earlier, I have never tried mead. This was a good and entertaining way to try a little bit of everything. I recommend getting the flight. I really, really recommend it.

This was such a fun date for us. We love trying fun new places like this. What are some of your favorite restaurants/breweries/wineries to go to in Arizona/Utah/New Mexico area?









Labels: , , , , , , , , ,