Why We Love Elf On The Shelf

Elf On The Shelf sure has gotten a lot of hate the past few years. And I have one thing to say…guys, quit being bullies! Also, if you are a child reading this I am A) concerned that your parents don't monitor your internet usage better and they allow you to read my blog and B) don't continue reading. I may ruin Christmas for you.

We are one of those families that participate in the ever so controversially Elf On The Shelf. And guess what? WE LOVE IT!

I am going to give you just a few of the reasons why we continue to do Elf On The Shelf in our home!

1. Although they may be creepy, they ARE kind of cute. It took me about a year of moving the elf around to not be afraid of it any more, and now we are on good terms…

2. My kid really is a better kid because she thinks Santa is watching. And guess what? I'm okay with that. It's called THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS. Don't be so cold hearted.

3. Yes, sometimes our elf brings "surprises", and it completely makes her day. She jumps with joy if she knows she's been a good girl and Santa sent a gift with Snowflake just for her! I mean really, how special is that for a kid?!

4. Straight up TRADITION. I love traditions. Like really really love them. Ever since baby girl was old enough to enjoy Christmas, we have done Elf On The Shelf. I want to keep that going until she's 37.

5. Our elf is EXTRA SPECIAL and likes to make "surprise appearances" during the "off season". She is just making sure we are being good ALL YEAR ROUND and reporting back to Santa. AKA…our hiding spots suck and sometimes small children find them. We're human. And honestly, that's hilarious. So I had to share.

I know we can't be the only family who loves Elf On The Shelf! Who else loves it?!
Thank you for reading and I hope everyone has a great week!

Labels: , , , , ,