5 Things NOT To Do On Instagram

We all love Instagram. The filters, the hashtags, the saltiness. (Kidding)
Business use or personal use, whatever the reason may be, we all love Instagram. (Are you following me yet?!)

Whether these tips ACTUALLY help your Instagram grow OR if they just help you in life, here are five things NOT to do on Instagram.


1. Do not feel like you have to have a "theme". Once I heard what "themes" were I literally sat there looking at my phone like this

If you don't know, themes are when people only post pictures on their insta page with certain colors so it looks aesthetically pleasing. Do I understand that? Sure. But will I not post a picture because it doesn't have a blue object in it? Absolutely not. #postallthepictures 

2. Speaking of hashtags...for the sake of everyone, PLEASE limit yourself. I know first hand the love someone can have for hashtags. I use them often. And a lot of them. But if you are using over 20 hastags on one picture AND hashtags that aren't even relevant to your picture, please stop. It's annoying. And #for the sake of #everyone, #please #stop doing #this.

3. Please quit deleting your pictures for the sake of having a "low picture count". I don't even know why this is a "thing", but it doesn't get you any where. Post all the pictures. Have you not heard of ChatBooks?!

4. Quit using stock photos. If you are a blogger/instagrammer (is full time instagrammer a job?) please quit using stock photos. We want to see YOUR talent/pictures/life/pretty face/lunch/outift. Not something off google.
5. Same filter on all your photos may look great, but does it REALLY look great? Sometimes my picture looks better in Slumber than it does in X-Pro II but am I going to ONLY use X-Pro II because ALL my pictures are in that filter!? No! Girl, use those filters however you want!!

I know some of these don't seem "practical" but trust me when I say each of them are so out of this world annoying. So whether you apply them to your gramming or not, I hope you enjoyed this! What are some of your rules and/or pet peeves about Instagram?! Find me on there and leave me a comment telling me about them!



Labels: , , , , , , ,